Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Oh, My God! My Dog’s A Freak!


Whoosh! There it goes again, that streak of white shooting past my window! Well, mostly white with a bit of black on either end! What the… There it goes again! Ah!


 I had thought that it would be nice to allow the dog to hang-out outside, it is a nice day, it is likely to be hot out this afternoon, and while it is nice out it might be nice for her to have some time outside but there she goes again, running past the end of the house outside the window.

I hadn’t noticed it right away, but now that I think back, she has run past the window ever few minutes for a while now. There she comes again… Give me a moment!

Silly girl! She was apparently trying to get my attention. Either that or playing the world’s largest game of chasing her own tail!

I went out the side door and stood at the end of the house as she ran past again. She was completely oblivious to my presence there. So on her next circuit, I cleared my throat. It was as if she were emerging from a trance. She stopped dead, turned to look at me, wagged her tail, and then ran over to me and greeted me as if I had been at work all day! It has only been an hour!

She is relieved to see me, and is now sitting curled-up under the desk at my feet. Ah! She might be a freak, but she loves me! (Though, some may say that was proof enough that she IS a freak!)

Wherever you are today I hope that you have someone who is as happy to see you as I do.

Don Bergquist – July 17, 2012 – Kensington, Minnesota, USA

No comments: