Sunday, July 15, 2012

Alarm Clock? What Alarm Clock!?


What a difference a sign makes! It is embarrassing; what with the number of nights I spend on the road and the number of times I have made this trip; that a little think like not seeing the sign would make such a difference! The fact that that sign is on the interstate and is at a point east of where I left the interstate is beside the point. I should have remembered it was there and that I would have seen it by now had I not diverged from my usual routes yesterday!

 It’s really no biggie, it’s just that I forgot that I had crossed into the Central Time Zone some time yesterday. The only real ramification is that when I thought I had checked in at five last night it was really six. And the fact that I am staring at the clock on my tablet reading 00:30, means that it is really 01:30. It’s still early, but not as gosh-awful early as I had thought. It also does not change the fact that I am planning on packing the car, taking a shower, dressing for the day and heading out within the hour.

It just threw me off when the clock on the news told me it was an hour later than the tablet did. I guess I should update my time zone at some point. Oh! And turn off the alarm, which will go off when I am on the road otherwise. But first, it is time to take Saga out for her walk. She has been so good the entire trip!

Wherever you are today I hope that you’re starting your day in a way befitting your plans!

Don Bergquist – July 15, 2012 – Murdo, South Dakota, USA

No comments: