Sunday, November 09, 2008

A Lovely Sunday Morning

It’s a cold, crisp morning in Colorado!

The day dawned early as Saga and I were on our morning constitutional in her park. The weather continues to hold. Despite the repeated predictions to the contrary, the weather is dry and cool. The afternoon is likely to reach up to the high fifties, low sixties. But that is hours away still.

It is just after sunrise and Saga and I have just returned from our morning walk. As we made our way back from the lake, the sun was just peeking over the rim of trees along the east edge of the park.  The glow of it had just started making the mountains glow to the west. There were very few clouds so the sunrise was nothing that would be interesting through the camera, you just had to be there.

I’m making coffee, Saga is curled on the end of the sofa. It is a lovely, relaxing morning… The day spreads out ahead of us full of possibilities. I suppose that while the weather holds I should do something outside but what that may be I have no idea. I’ll just have to take the day as it comes. But then, this is the best way to spend a quiet, lazy day at home!

Wherever you are today, I hope that your day is a calm and relaxing one!

Don Bergquist - November 09, 2008 - Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: