Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Election Day Comes Early

I don't believe I have ever seen that school active this early! As Saga and I took our walk this morning the activity at the elementary school across the street from our house is a polling place and I suppose that with the expected turnout being in excess of 85%, they want to make sure that they are ready when the polls open later this morning.

The sunrise is spectacular. I noticed the color off to the east as Saga and I were stepping out the door. I reached back in to grab the camera. Is there something poetic about the election day having such a lovely sunrise? It it a sign that we are in for a beautiful new beginning? Am I just being a sap? Yes. That is more likely.

It is a cool, crisp fall morning and the frost on the grass sparkled like diamonds in the street lamps. It does appear that the lovely weather is coming to an end. They are predicting rain and/or snow tomorrow. Ah, well... I guess that the Indian Summer had to end eventually.

If you haven't already, I hope you will take time to vote today! It is the least you can do for your country. The very least. Take part in the process! Go out and vote. And if you have already voted, call two friends and encourage them to go out and vote.

Wherever you are today, I hope that you are having a lovely morning!

Don Bergquist - November 04, 2008 - Lakewood, Colorado, USA

2 comments:

Hyperspider said...

Sorry for the late comment. WOW, amazing colors in sunrise!!! I guess it was a good day for all that wants change.

Unknown said...

Yeah!

We had a lovely election day in more ways than one!

djb