Saturday, August 09, 2008

Wonderful Weekend Weather

After weeks of oppressively hot days, the temperatures are now a lot more bearable. This weekend, the weather is not supposed to top 90 degrees. The days are supposed to start clear and then get cloudy with the possibility of rainstorms at night.

Last night was a great start to the weekends as described. After a lovely day, the cloud cover started gathering as Saga and I were reasserting her claim to the park. Sunset was spectacular, the undersides of the cloud banks painted in vibrant colors.

At some point before I went to bed the skies opened-up and it poured! I was catching-up on the programs I have recorded to watch, so I didn't notice, but when Saga and I went out, there was a quarter of an inch of water in the rain gauge. If that happens today and tomorrow, I would not mind at all!

Wherever you are today, I wish you a wonderful weekend!

Don Bergquist - August 09, 2008 - Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: