Saturday, August 16, 2008

The Rain Continues

What a thunderstorm last night!

The rain, which had been falling all day, stopped briefly over the early evening hours, and then started in earnest around two this morning. Saga started whining around that time, but what brought me to full wakefulness was the thunderclap. Perhaps it was the preceding lightening that caused Saga to whine, but the thunder was what really got my attention.

The next lightening flash must have been just as bright because the room lit up leaving the images of the items around me dancing on my retinas for a while. The sight of the room was not yet dark again when the thunder clapped again.

Seeing that the show was going to go on for a while, Saga and I got up to watch. I stood out under the eaves on the porch and watched the flashes light-up the neighborhood. The rains splashed down in big, fat, frigid drops. We made it back to bed around four.

When I got up the second time this morning, I went to the store to pick-up so treats for Saga and some breakfast for me. We snacked, her on her biscuits, me on some eggs and grits, and then after my third cup of coffee, I settled down with a book. I drifted off, book in my lap, to the sound of the water falling outside. It is a day worth napping through.

Wherever you are today, I hope that you have a good day for doing whatever strikes your fancy!

Don Bergquist - August 16, 2008 - Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: