Sunday, August 31, 2008

Storm Warning

On the third anniversary of Hurricane Katrina hitting the gulf coast and causing such massive damage in and around New Orleans, those terrible days are brought to mind by the news that hurricane Gustav is likely to hit the same area and may be as strong as category five on the Saffir-Simpson Hurricane Scale.

I have some very dear friends who were in New Orleans when Katrina hit, and I am native to South Florida, so I know the power of these storms. I hope that when the word comes that a mandatory evacuation has been called you will take heed! My thoughts and prayers are with all the residents of the area in the path of the storm and hope that you will take this opportunity to get yourself and your loved ones out of harms way.

Wherever you are today, I hope that you and your loved ones are safe and sound.

Don Bergquist - August 31, 2008 - Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: