Friday, August 08, 2008

That's A Lot Of Eights!

It's all over the news...

There are people trying to get married at eight tonight. China (where the number eight is lucky) is wild for today... Oh, and I think they have some sporting event going on or something like that.

But it appears to me that rather than thinking that 20:00 (eight PM) is extrordinarily lucky (if I held any stock in numerology, that is, which I don't) the more lucky time today would be 08:08:08 AM. At that time, your clock on your computer would read (assuming you are configured to show seconds and a two-digit year) 08:08:08 08/08/08.

Ah well, it's all arbitrary and superstitious mumbo-jumbo anyway! I hold no sway in superstition. Fate does not care what time it is. When your number is up, your number is up. But for those of you whose number is eight, uh... take care today!

Wherever you are, I hope that all the eights bring you a lovely day!

Don Bergquist - August 08, 2008 - 08:08:08 AM - Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: