Saturday, September 02, 2006

Waiting for the Van

I tell you what; deliveries have certainly gotten less romantic since the days in which The Music Man is set. I am waiting on the Sainsbury's van to deliver some stuff I ordered yesterday off their internet shopping site. I can't imagine the entire population of the Cholmley Villas gathering in the street singing "Oh-oh, the Sainsbury's wagon is a' comin' down the street! Oh! Please let it be for me!"

This weekend, the house population will double as a colleague of mine is coming from the states. He will be here for the next month doing some training at a client sight. The Delivery Van is deliving supplies for the house; detergents for the dishwasher and clothing washing machine, paper towels, cleaning fluids, etc. I will be doing some light cleaning so that my colleague doesn’t arrive to a dirty house.

Now, its not as if I am a slob or anything, but when I live alone, it has been known for me to let things slide for a couple days. I haven't run the dishwasher for a couple days, for instance, because I don't like to run it until it is full. I'll run it this afternoon when I go out so that we have a complete load of clean dishes and there is nothing dirty.

It is supposed to be cool, rainy and windy all day. After the van comes, I will be going for a bike ride, I hope that the drizzle lets up. I need the ride.

I hope wherever you are, the weather is conducive to your weekend plans!

Don Bergquist - 02 September 206 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, UK

No comments: