Saturday, September 09, 2006

Moon Rise

One of the reasons I bought a long-focus lens (400mm) was that I wanted to be able to take pictures of the moon with some detail. This picture is not a bad one, but I learned a lesson last evening. Take "Full Moon Shots" the day before the full moon actually happens.

This shot is an okay one, and I like the lighting effects, but the problem with taking this shot was that the sunset was already fading by the time the moon was high enough to see it. This means that the difference between the lighting in the foreground and the background give me a hard choice; either get the detail of the moon and allow for no detail in the foreground (there are a couple examples of this at the link above) or get detail in the foreground and allow the moon to become washed-out and without detail. It's not what I really was trying for, but I do like this shot.

It has been a lovely day! I went for a bike ride, did some stuff around the house and had a nice quiet afternoon. This afternoon, I am headed into town to spend some time with a book in one of the parks. It should be a lovely afternoon for it. The day is hot, sunny, and still.

I hope that wherever you are, today, you are having a great, relaxing, day!

Don Bergquist - 09 September 2006 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, UK

No comments: