Saturday, September 16, 2006

Riding

I took a new route today on my bike! It was fun but I think I will reserve it for times when I really feel the need for a challenge.

I start by heading into Surbiton and along Victoria Road past the train station I then wend my way along more-or-less parallel to the railroad tracks and into Tolworth. Then, turning north, I head into Kingston.

This is where the challenge starts, the road over to Kingston Upon Thames is a long, slow climb which gains perhaps 75 to 100 feet in elevation over a half a mile or so. The treat that this earns me is a nice long slow slope down a curvy lane that winds down into Kingston proper.

I then re-join my normal route, across the river, Hampton Wick, Teddington, Hampton, etc. The little detour adds a couple miles to my route but it is a lovely couple of miles and is quite enjoyable.

And as I was bad this weekend (Curry one night, Grilled Cheese and chips another) I felt I needed all the extra miles I could get.

I hope that wherever you are today, you have an excellent weekend.

Don Bergquist - 16 September 2006 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, UK

No comments: