Sunday, September 24, 2006

Another Gorgeous Fall Day

I have to say, the dinner last night was magnificent. I am going to have to ride a few extra miles today day to work off the Bread Pudding with Bailey's and Clotted Cream we had for dessert! (YUM!!!)

After dinner we sat out by the Chimnea and chatted by the fire until nearly midnight. This morning, my clothing all smells of wood smoke and I am going to have to pop it into the wash before I wear it out in public again. But it was a lovely evening.

This morning I was awakened by the sound of a drumming, pouring rain. It was a lovely sight. There were a few thunderclaps as well. This morning, turned into this afternoon, and the skies have cleared, the roads have dried and I am itching to get out there and ride. (I may be able to restrain myself long enough to give my chain a good cleaning and lube before I go, but that is about all that I want to have delay me. As a matter of fact, I do not know why I am still sitting here, farting around at this damn keyboard!

I should be outside enjoying the day while I still can!

I hope wherever you are today, your day is one you can get out in and enjoy!!

Don Bergquist - 24 September 2006 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, UK

No comments: