Monday, September 04, 2006

Monday Again

It is bright and early Monday morning. The skies are coloring and it is almost time for me to hit the bike and get into the office. It has been a wonderful weekend and now it is time for me to get back to the real world.

You can feel the lateness of summer in the air. It is still humid, but the mornings have taken on a definite chill. The sunrise is getting later each morning as we run-down the clock on the season. Soon I'll be packing away my aloha shirts for the year and making sure I have enough long-sleeve shirts and long pants to wear to the office.

And by "Pants" I mean the things that American mean when they say the word. Those apparel pieces which are appropriately worn as the outside layer of clothing on the lower half of the body. Strangely, when I say "pants" here everybody thinks, for some odd reason, I am referring to my "underwear."

Oh they back-up this strange obsession with some lame excuse about how they "invented the language" or something like that, but I think they are just obsessed with undergarments.

It is the outerwear that I am more interested in. I took stock of my clothing this weekend and went shopping for clothing. That which I found that was not ungodly expensive was slightly too small for me to actually wear. This is a good thing. A few months ago, the same clothing would have been ludicrously too small for me to wear. The diet is working!

I hope that wherever you are today, things are working for you too!

Don Bergquist - 04 September 2006 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, UK.

No comments: