Monday, July 24, 2006

Yes, It Was a Lovely Weekend!

...and yes, it rained!

But for the brief sprinkles, the weather was wonderful! All day yesterday I kept thinking it was Friday night for some reason. What that reason may be I have no way of knowing. I guess just wishful thinking.

I find myself starting to slip over into vacation mode. My parents are coming out this week and will be spending all next week visiting me before this trip ends. Dad and Flo sound excited, but they cannot be half as excited as I am at the thought of introducing them to the area that I have come to think of as a second (third? fourth? I've lost count...) home.

The plan is that they will arrive on Friday (after the overnight flight from Minneapolis) and will spend the next nine days on vacation over here. I am meeting them at the airport and taking them to the hotel. After wrapping-up the business part of the trip on Friday, I'll spend the rest of the time over here being a tourist.

All of these plans, however, are contingent on my getting my work done and getting out of here on Friday. Well, no, I guess I am getting out of here either way... I will just enjoy my vacation more if I have actually completed the work I came over here to do. So I suppose that I should get back to the office and get to work as quickly as possible to get as much done as I can. That way I can relax next week secure in the knowledge that I did as much as I could.

I hope that wherever you are today, you have a sense of accomplishment in something you need to do!

Don Bergquist - 24 July 2006 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, UK

No comments: