Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Celebration

True to form, I had way too much food and way too much beer available for my guests. And since people brought stuff to the party, I'm going to be eating party food for a week. While it may not be a bad thing to make sure that your guests have plenty to eat and drink, I am sure I will be seeing the aftermath of the party at Weight Watchers this Friday.

My friend Kevin, a veteran of Her Majesty's Armed Services in the Falkland Islands war, refused to show-up to celebrate a crushing and embarrassing defeat of the military might of the United Kingdom. I pointed out that it wasn't just the forces of the UK we beat back, but all the mercenaries she could hire, the unwilling she could impress, and the combined professional forces in her arsenal.

It was a great time! It lasted well into the night; the last guests leaving as 01:00 was approaching. There were comments made that I had picked a really hot day for it. (I didn't pick the date, I do not remember being consulted!) But, to be honest, yes! It was a hot one. Luckily, it is supposed to be the hottest day of the week. This hot weather system is supposed to be loosening its grip.

This morning it poured down rain for about an hour at my place and then it got all foggy and muggy. It was still foggy when I headed into the office. I guess you have to take the weather you're given here!

I hope wherever you are, your Independence Day was an excellent one; regardless of whether you celebrated it or not.

Don Bergquist - 05th July 2006 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, UK

No comments: