Sunday, July 23, 2006

A Lovely Weekend So Far

Well, it has been a lovely weekend so far!

I had the opportunity to get our and take a ride along the river yesterday and this morning. Yesterday, I headed home as the sky began to look ominous. The clouds hung over the city and the winds, never the most constant or predictable (except that they predictably always blow into my face as I ride - regardless of the direction) became increasingly erratic. I headed home before the storm hit.

Of course, that is not to say that the storm hit here! The news today was talking about how the weather was supposed to be rainy all day. Again, that apparently did not include Thames Ditton. The back garden needs the water, I hope it rains.

yesterday afternoon, Terry and Angie invited me for a cookout. We're chatted with Carlos, from the pub, about the plan for our trip to Brazil in January. It should be fun! Just my luck, it would rain for the entire cookout. Oh well, we need the water. I'm sure we could cook in if it decides to rain!

We set-up the gazebo on their back terrace and the party went on. As evening fell, we lit a fire in the chiminea. It wasn't as if it was cold, but there is some allure to sitting outside by a fire! Thanks again, guys, I had a great time. Good thing all of us are so flexible and can change plans to suit the new situation.

I hope wherever you are today, your plans are flexible!

Don Bergquist - 23 July 2006 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, UK

No comments: