Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Tuesday

Just another day in the big city.

Last night I went out to meet a friend and go to a movie. Unfortunately, he and his significant other had had an argument and so we just met, had a quick beer and he went home to the ball-and-chain.

After he had headed off to go and see what trouble was left for him at home, I took a ride on my bike. I went down along the tow path and into Hampton Court, further down into West Molesey and wrapped around through Esher and back home. It is almost too hot to ride.

The high temperature today is slated to be in the mid-thirties. BBC says it may reach 35 today (which is a healthy 95 degrees Fahrenheit to those of use who don't use the communist system of measurement). That's not too bad, really, but once you add the humidity in, the effective temperatures will be into the triple digits. Thank heavens the office here allows us to wear shorts in! It would be better with a little Air Conditioning, but, you can't have everything!

I may forgo the lunchtime bike ride; or at least shorten it. It is just before 06:00 and already it is too warm in the house to be considered really comfortable. Oh well, at least when I am riding in it is nice and cool. So I best get moving and take my long ride this morning.

I hope wherever you are it is a pleasant day to do whatever it is you've got to do today!

Don Bergquist - 18 July 2006 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, UK

No comments: