Monday, July 17, 2006

A Clarification

It has been observed that there seems to be a lot of drinking which appears as the subject in my blog. I guess that this is, to some extent, true. Many of the stories do seem to include tales of drinking and going to parties.

It is not as if I spend all my time here drinking. First off, I have to ride my bike just to get to the pub. Then there is all that time that I spend waiting to get the barman’s attention so that I can order my beer. And it takes a good forty-five seconds to pull a pint.

Seriously, though. There is a lot more that I do over here, but who really wants to read that I went to the grocery store, or that I found a good deal on mushrooms at the Kingston Street Market?

There is the mundane that goes on, it is just more interesting to write about the fun things I am doing.

I hope that wherever you are today, you have something fun to tell your friends and family about.

Don Bergquist - 17 July 2006 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, UK

1 comment:

Nick Moore, Bartender at Large said...

Ah yes, drinking and partying and having fun at parties is always good. Let's not forget that "it's always Happy Hour somewhere!"

May everyone's glass be full!
-N