Sunday, July 02, 2006

New Moon

What a great night! Yes, I have been going since early yesterday morning, but I am full of energy.

After going shopping for party food yesterday, I did some laundry and some cleaning and some prep work for the party. Around five, I got on my bike and headed over to the pub. I do not know what it is, it may be the long hours of light here, it may be the company, but I am much more of a night owl here than I usually am at home.

After England was defeated in their game in the World Cup today, my friends, Terry and Angie and I went over to La Fiama for dinner. The dinner was excellent, we had risotto while watching the sunset over Bushy Park (the restaurant has windows that open onto the park). The fact that it is setting after 21:00 is one of my theories on why I am still going so late into the night (or rather, early into the morning).I

Whatever the reason, a friend of mine, one of the barmaids at the pub brought in her cello and played for us after the pub had closed. After the impromptu concert, we all headed home. I wended my way back to Thames Ditton but the night, being so warm and still, I decided to go for a ride. I passed the house and then just kept going. The roads are empty at 01:30. I rode into Kingston and then back along the Tow Path. Into Esher and back to the house again.

It is now well after two and I am just getting home. It is lovely and dark out. I could even see stars when I was away from the light pollution. What a peaceful evening. I suppose that I should head off to bed. I do have things I have to do tomorrow - er, today - and should get some sleep before it is time to do it.

I hope that wherever this morning finds you, you are enjoying yourself!

Don Bergquist - 02 July 2006 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, UK

No comments: