Saturday, May 13, 2006

Weekend

What a lovely morning!

Yesterday, having completed my second day of work for this trip, I went out and purchased a SIM card form my cell phone (uh, I mean mobile) so that I would have one to use over here. I then came back to the house and waited for my friend, Terry to come by. He and Angie kept the bike in their garage for me.

Thus restored to my bicycle, we all went to the pub. It was nice to ride again, but I have work to do on the bike. The new bearing is clicking. It seems to have reduced a little now that I have done some chain cleaning and maintenance... Perhaps it just needs some lubrication.

I have lots to do today. There is a lawn to mow, and the shopping to do. Later we are going to the pub. But first there is a list. Good thing it looks like a lovely day to do everything in! It's like that song mom used to sing us:

It's a lovely day today
So whatever you've got to do
You've got a lovely day to do it in, that's true
And I hope whatever you've got to do
Is something that can be done by two
For I'd really like to stay

It's a lovely day today
And whatever you've got to do
I'd be so happy to be doing it with you
But if you've got something that must be done
And it can only be done by one
There is nothing more to say
Except it's a lovely day for saying
It's a lovely day

I hope that wherever you are, it is a lovely day!

Don Bergquist - 13th May 2006 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, United Kingdom

No comments: