Monday, May 22, 2006

Lovely Evening!

What a great time!

We have some scrumptious food, shared great stories and had a blast last night. Terry outdid himself with a lovely bunch of ribs, which he later admitted had come from the butcher ready to bake and serve, sauce-and-all. The pub was a bit slow when we got there, but we had a lovely time anyway.

I got up this morning and tried to get a quick ride in before the rain started. I failed at that task. It was raining by seven. I believe that I will have to wait until later for my ride. I spent part of the morning cleaning. Today I have people arriving to take rooms in the house. It will be a full house for the week.

My plans for the day? None really. The weather has turned so cold that I have had to turn back on the radiators. When I first arrived a bit over a week ago, it was warm and dry. Since then it has gotten progressively colder and wetter. I am not complaining, mind you. You cannot throw a scone in this country without hitting a weather person doing a story about the drought they are in, but it is late in the spring with summer approaching. I should not have to be breaking out the jacket to go bike riding.

Then there is the rain! I love the rain. I am sitting here in the living room with my coffee and toast watching the rain fall in the back garden. I have the back French doors open and the blanket wrapped around my legs. Days like this, a fire would be nice, but as the fireplaces in the house look to be for decoration only, I'll content myself with the cold, wet air on my face, the warmth of the radiator at my back and the blanket snuggled around my legs.

Later-on I will have to do some shopping for groceries, but for now, I am content to sit and watch the rain.

I hope that wherever you are today, you are having as pleasant a morning!

Don Bergquist - 22nd May 2006 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, United Kingdom

No comments: