Monday, May 08, 2006

Drawn Toward the Mountains

I had a wonderful drive in the mountains yesterday. I'm glad that I decided to take the time to go. The weather was lovely and the roads were good. I brought a beach towel, a book, and a bathing suit with me and arranged my route to take me past my favorite place for hanging-out and sunning myself.

It has been almost a year since I was up there in the mountains above boulder falls. The last time I was there, I fell and tore my ACL. I took it easy this time and made a bee-line for my favorite precipice. I changed into my swim suit and lay out to get some sun and read my book of Robert Service poetry.


With the exception that it became a bit windy and I had to dress for a bit of the time I was there or freeze, it was a lovely afternoon. I got a nice bit of sun (not enough to burn) and got to read my favorite poetry in one of my favorite places. I'd like to leave you today with a quote from one of Robert Service' poems: The Spell of the Yukon. It was written about northwestern Canada, but it equally-well applies to Colorado. (At least, I feel it does!)

It's the great, big, broad land 'way up yonder,
It's the forests where silence has lease;
It's the beauty that thrills me with wonder,
It's the stillness that fills me with peace.

I hope wherever you are today you have a great place to find peace and harmony!
Don Bergquist - 08th May 2006 - Lakewood, Colorado

No comments: