Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Sunrise

I guess there will not be very many more sunrise pictures from me any time in the near future.

The 23-degree tilt in the earth's access and the location of London 51-degrees north of the equator, means that the days are long here in the summer. Real long! The sun is rising before 05:00 local time now. I am an early riser, but not that early! I am not planning on getting up that early to take pictures of sunrise.

Now, I may still be up at that hour some morning...

The benefit? Well, with a sixteen-hour day, I can get to the pub before taking sunset pictures. Now, that may be a good or a bad thing... It depends if we ever get a nice relatively rain-free evening. And besides, it's all how you look at it, isn't it?

I mean everyone's sunset is just someone else's sunrise! Perhaps if I take some sunset pictures this week, I can refer to them as sunrise in the negative!

Hmmm...

I hope wherever you are today you have a chance to look at something a bit differently.

Don Bergquist - 24th May 2006 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, United Kingdom

What 06:30 Looks Like In The Late Spring

No comments: