Sunday, May 07, 2006

Conflict of Interests

I've got big plans for today!

It is supposed to get into the mid '70s today with a party cloudy sky, slight chance of thunder showers, and almost unlimited potentials. So what are my big plans? Laundry, cleaning, and prep-work for my upcoming trip to London. What I would love to do is to go and take a drive in the mountains with my cameras and with my dog, but I have so much to do to get ready to head back to my second home, that I can't possibly.

I did a little prep yesterday but then a friend called and said that he was having a get-together last night so I curtailed early my organization and went out to have a good time with my old friends. It was fun, though! I have not seen them for a long time.

We chatted, had a couple drinks and a bottle of port I had brought back with me from my trip to Belgium, and played a couple games. It was a lovely evening! I am glad that I took the time away from my planned activities to spend it with my friends.

I leave on Wednesday so I have to make sure that any big, time-intensive projects I have left on my list (like making sure the rugs get shampooed and taking Saga to the Dog Wash) get done today.

Speaking of Saga, she must be at least a little psychic! She has just walked into the office and is desperately trying to get me to pet her. She does this occasionally. She will sit at the side of my office chair and nose my arm until I stop typing and pet her. Once I have her full attention, she jumps in my lap and waits for me to praise and pet her.

Heck, I guess I can lose a bit of the day to spend with Saga-Roo! I'll avoid the plan for the morning. I'm off to the mountains!

I hope that wherever you are, you have someone around to persuade you to put aside your plans and enjoy the day today!

Don Bergquist - 07th May 2006 - Lakewood, Colorado

No comments: