Monday, May 29, 2006

Bank Holiday

It is a bank holiday here in the UK. Nothing pretentious like Memorial Day. (...Or is it Veterans Day? Or perhaps Labor day... I can never keep straight which holiday goes where!)

That is the cool thing over here. I am pretty sure I can keep the May Bank Holiday and the April Bank Holiday straight in my mind. I would have no problem distinguishing between those and the August Bank Holiday. Why not just call 'em what they are? An excuse to take the day off work and go to the big furniture sales?

If the holidays meant more, and were practiced as more, I might be able to keep them straight in my mind. But, don't go changing anything on my account.

I hope wherever you are, you are having a great holiday (whichever it turns-out it is!)

Don Bergquist - 29th May 2006 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, United Kingdom

No comments: