Saturday, May 20, 2006

Weekend Starting Well!

Well! This is a pleasant way to start a weekend!

It is about 09:00 on Saturday and I am sitting in the back garden admiring my handiwork. The skies have been threatening rain all morning and cast down a few taunting droplets as I was finishing-up the mowing of the lawn. Other than that, it is a cool and cloudy morning.

I have been on my morning ride, today I went along the tow path and then over to Teddington. If it looked less like I would be caught in a sudden downpour, I would have brought the camera gear.

I have my cup of coffee, my feet up on the chair I have dragged out to the lawn, and my paper. That and the smell of a fresh-mown lawn and what more could a guy need?

This afternoon I am headed over to meet-up with my friends in Molesey. No special occasion, that I am aware of, it is just a get together to have fun and socialize. Perhaps we will be going to the pub later-on. (Yeah, right! As if there was a doubt!) For now, I am content with my coffee, and the quiet of the morning. I am sure that this too will end soon as well but while I have it, I'm going to enjoy it!

I hope that wherever you are today you have time to relax and enjoy the simple pleasures.

Don Bergquist - 20th May 2006 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, United Kingdom

No comments: