Sunday, May 20, 2012

What A Lovely Morning!


…and I am not just saying that because my Calendar tells me that it is spring and I am two days from leaving on my spring holiday! It truly is a lovely morning.


The grass is dewy, the skies are clear and the temperatures are just on the comfortable side of cold. It is a great day to get out there and do the things that need doing; like getting the car all cleaned-out and ready to pack, and locating the luggage that I will need for my trip. I need to get into the storeroom and locate my small suitcase, cooler, and the kennel and other necessities for driving across the country with the dog.

It rained all day yesterday, and let me with the perfect excuse for staying inside doing nothing but cleaning, laundry, and prep-work for the trip. Today is going to be the outside running around day. My goal is to get the car all ready and packed by the time I hit the sack Tuesday night so that there is nothing to do when I get-up in the morning but grab a bite, pour the coffee and start the car.

What can I say? I like to be organized. And with a great day like today to get things done… well, it’s like that old Irving Berlin song my mom used to sing to us to wake us up.

It’s A Lovely Day Today
By Irving Berlin

It's a lovely day today 
So whatever you've got to do 
You've got a lovely day to do it in, that's true 

And I hope whatever you've got to do 
Is something that can be done by two 
For I'd really like to stay 

It's a lovely day today 
And whatever you've got to do 
I'd be so happy to be doing it with you 

But if you've got something that must be done 
And it can only be done by one 
There is nothing more to say 
Except it's a lovely day for saying 
It's a lovely day

Wherever you are today I hope that your weekend is conducive to getting done what needs to be done.

Don Bergquist – May 20, 2012 – Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: