Saturday, May 26, 2012

Travelogue Minnesota: This Does Not Bode Well!

I was awakened early this morning as the worst of the front-borne storm came through here. There must have been a thunderclap, though I do not remember it. There was nobody stirring as I got up to see what had awakened me. The house, except for the sound of the falling rain, was silent. 

I went to see what Saga was up to; she was snuggled-up in her kennel snoozing and she looked at me as if I were crazy when I said what was usually one of her favorite words: “Outside!”

But she dutifully stirred herself from her crate and trudged outside to take care of her morning ablutions.  She was back inside like a shot and, after getting her cookie, she snuggled back amongst the covers.

It was still raining later, as we did the final prep work for the party. Sunshine, Dad’s golden retriever, loves the wet weather, the lake, and water in general – she is so different from Saga. We had to keep her out of the house because she came back from a morning swim as we were finishing-up getting ready for the guests.

Wherever you are today I hope that you have weather commensurate with your plans for the day!

Don Bergquist – May 26, 2012 – Kensington, Minnesota, USA



No comments: