Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Travelogue Minnesota: Preparations


To say that I am excited about my vacation may be a bit of an understatement; in much the same way that saying Pikes Peak is a bit of a hill. I started preparations for this trip three days ago when I started compiling a packing list and thoroughly cleaning the car.


Saga knows that something is going on because I have grabbed the luggage out of the storeroom, and that is usually not good news (for her) as it usually means that I am going somewhere. You can almost see those gears turning: “Am I going to the doggy prison again!?”

Little does she know that I have packed her kennel in the back seat along with all the other things that I have been packing. The car is all set, I have a full tank, the luggage has been packed into the trunk, I have gifts for Dad and Flo, I have the dog’s travel accoutrement, snacks and drinks are packed and ready to be schlepped-out. I am all ready. I have only to finish some specs for work and then get a good night’s sleep.

Tomorrow we drive to Minnesota. I can feel the road calling!

Wherever you are today I hope that your plans are all coming together!

Don Bergquist – May 22, 2012 – Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: