Sunday, May 27, 2012

Travelogue Minnesota: Aftermath

Everything is so green today! I guess that is to b expected after all the rain that we have had for the past few days.

The bird feeders are getting a workout this morning. There are birds and squirrels everywhere. Even Saga seems to be tired of being cooped-up inside. Although, I am pretty sure that it is more likely that she just wants to go out and harass the wildlife that calls my parents’ yard home.

Dad is in the kitchen making cinnamon rolls (a traditional aftermath breakfast) and we’re expecting Chip to come over later this morning. We’re also expecting a visit from my stepsister, Jo and her travelling companion. There is NOTHING on the agenda this morning! 

Probably a few games of cards, and perhaps a bit of a nap later-on today. I do need to run into town to gas-up the car at some point; there is not enough gas in the tank to make it all the way to the interstate (headed west) and so, filling-up today will save time tomorrow.

I have packed-up the china that I inherited and it is ready to get into the trunk. The boxes are sitting next to my luggage. Everything is ready to go so there is nothing to do today but enjoy my last day of vacation with the family.

Wherever you are today I hope that you are enjoying the company of your loved ones!

Don Bergquist – May 27, 2012 – Kensington, Minnesota, USA


No comments: