Monday, May 28, 2012

Travelogue Minnesota: South Dakota


I am having a great time rolling through South Dakota!


My iPod has changed to a new book, Saga is behaving herself in her kennel, and the traffic has been, for the most part, completely manageable.

It is such a LOVELY day! The skies are clear and bright, though, with the sun coming up behind (and to the left of) me, there is no worry about being blinded by the sunrise. Which, was pretty-much a wash-out because of all the fog anyway.

My route took just over two hours to get me to the interstate (I-29) and my southward roll, but it did take me to some lovely views that I would have missed otherwise. And with the construction on I-29, I could not really have rolled any faster on the interstate than I did on the back roads. Have I mentioned that I LOVE road trips!? This is why!

Saga and have stopped at a rest area just south of Sioux Falls and with ourselves refreshed by a nice walk and a cold drink, it is time to get rolling again. We’re leaving the interstate to roll west again on highway fifty. We’ll be crossing the Missouri River into Nebraska soon.

Wherever you are today I hope that you keep on rolling!

Don Bergquist – May 28, 2012 – Near Vermillion, South Dakota, USA

No comments: