Friday, November 25, 2011

Travelogue South Carolina – Time To Walk


One of the things I love about this place is that there is no schedule. Everybody is pretty free to do whatever – whenever. This morning, I slipped off to have a walk along the beach. (I have to do something to work off at least some of the calories from last night's meal!)

It is a lovely morning, there is a bit of a chill in the air, but that is only when you consider that we are in South Carolina. The temps today are more like a nice spring day in Colorado. After a breakfast of grits and pig I set off to have a walk along the beach.

There are very few people out this morning. I ran into a couple walking their dogs along the beach and a family that is down from Chicago for the week. There were a couple runners out this morning that were too focused on their run to notice me, let alone stop and say "hey." But other than that, I had the beach to myself. What a peaceful way to pass a morning.

The solitude is not quite as complete as it can be in the mountains where I can focus on broad sweeping vistas clear of the evidence of other humans, but it is nice. Even with my back to the houses, there are boats out there today; I cannot get my line of sight free of human artifacts. At least there is less noise evidence here.

My walk took me from the house up the beach to the beach club and back. The house is quiet just now. I came back and everybody was off doing their own thing. It is nice and you just know that it isn't going to last so I am enjoying the time to myself while I can! And to think; I could be at some crowded frigging mall today! Oh, poor me!  

Wherever you are today I hope that you have time to spend with yourself and your thoughts.

Don Bergquist – November 25, 2011 – DeBordieu Colony, South Carolina, USA


No comments: