Saturday, November 26, 2011

Travelogue South Carolina – BEACH TIME!

What trip to the beach would be complete without a trip to the beach! We all had a polar bear morning today and headed out for a swim.


Okay, it wasn't all of us and it wasn't quite as frigid as the Polar Regions, but the water was cold and there were quite a few of us!

Unfortunately, the beach erosion along the seawall means that we had to go down to the end of the road. The high tide was crashing against the wall across the street from the house so we couldn't get out there without chancing being crashed into the dune crossing by the wake.

It wasn't so much the walk that was too bad, it was the thought of walking back to the house wet from the beach that gave us pause for thought. But the day was warm enough and the time in the water, though cold, was great.

Unfortunately, this was more-or-less my last bit of fun at the beach. It was time to leave and start making my way back west. Today I am only heading as far west as Chapin. I am spending the weekend with my cousins there before I head back to Colorado on Monday.

Wherever you are today I hope that your holiday week has been a wonderful one.

Don Bergquist – November 26, 2011 – DeBordieu Colony, South Carolina, USA

No comments: