Sunday, November 27, 2011

Travelogue South Carolina – Fun And Games


There is something instructive about watching a child play a game. My cousins had some friends come over to spend the day and so we had the opportunity to do something together.
The boys totted-out the Monopoly set and we started a game. Playing the game were Cousin Don (me); the boys Erik and Chris; their dad, Craig; and their visiting friends. At a total of seven players, it was one of the largest games I had ever played.

Watching a kid play Monopoly is interesting. They have a strange way of looking at the world. In one turn, they will ask for a "Get Out Of Jail Free" card (actual cash value, for those of you who are not familiar with the game $50) in exchange for a $500 rent payment. In the next, they will run the bidding on a cheap property that is not even part of a challenged monopoly up to $1,500.

After Dinner, the boys and I played a game on their Wii. Christopher creamed me. I beat Erik, bit admittedly, it was a complete fluke. It was a school night and they delayed going to bed as late as possible, but made sure to make me promise that they would see me in the morning. I said that they would.

All-in-all, it was another lovely day with family! I do love living in Colorado, but I sometimes wish I had family closer.

Wherever you are today I hope that you're spending time with your family.

Don Bergquist – November 27, 2011 – Chapin, South Carolina, USA

No comments: