Monday, November 21, 2011

Travelogue South Carolina – Preparations

Saga knows that something is going on. I'm always active on weekends; I go out for my weigh-in first thing, do my grocery shopping, laundry, and either walk the treadmill in my office or head out to the park for a long hike. So it is not that she's not used to the activity, but she is smart… she saw my baggage come out and the laundry get packed instead of going upstairs to the bedroom as it came out of the machines. Yes, Saga knows that something is up.

What she hasn't been able to suss-out for herself, I would think, is whether this is going to be a good thing (one of those times that Daddy throws the kennel into the back of the car and we go for a road trip) or a bad thing (one of those times she gets left at the Doggy Prison and he never comes back for her).

The prep work for this trip is a bit early, but things have been a bit manic at work lately. It was beginning to look as if the vacation might have to be delayed, but when I asked, I was told no; it was still on. (Yeah!)

I did have to give-up a part of my weekend to have a couple meetings on some of the projects I am working on, and I am giving-up today to go in and get things to a point where I can leave them for a week but other than that, the vacation is on!

My bags are packed and in the trunk, all my arrangements are made, the reservation is made at Doggy Prison – uh, the doggy day spa… I understand from the staff at Best Friends that she loves the walks in the park, the play time, and best of all the Ice Creams!

But all of that is coming-up tomorrow. Today, I still have to get into the office and get some projects wrapped-up so I can leave.

Wherever you are today, I hope that you'll have a productive day!

Don Bergquist – November 21, 2011 – Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: