Sunday, August 20, 2006

Pleasant Sunday

What a relaxing, pleasant day! I awoke early; the threat of rain hanging over the village like a specter. Today is going to be a relaxing day. I had nothing to do today but mow the lawn, take a bike ride and get some nibbles ready for tonight's party. With the lawn cut and the ride out of the way, I have a very relaxing day ahead of me!

My friends who helped me entertain Dad and Flo when they were here the week-before-last have been invited over for drinks and nibbles (beers and hors d'oeuvres) tonight. Most of the prep work for the party was done by Sainsbury's. I ordered the beer to be delivered and the cheese for the cheese tray I picked-up whilst on my fide this morning. It is now just after eleven and I have all day to get ready. Perhaps I'll cook something. Perhaps I'll just put my feet-up and finish the book I am reading.

Choices, choices! Life can be so tough some times! How am I ever to cope?

I hope wherever you are today, the choices you are faced with are easy to cope with.

Don Bergquist - 20 August 2006 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, UK

No comments: