Saturday, August 05, 2006

Downtime

Whew!

What a week! We have been running all week long and now I am really in need of some downtime. Not that I am going to get any (to speak of) any time soon! Just thinking of the stuff that I have to do in the next seven days is tiring.

Today, I took a nice long bike ride and sent Dad and Flo off for a walk to look at the gardens that the people in the village have. Flo, being really into gardens, wanted to see if she got any ideas for her garden. I suspect that as you can fit almost all the gardens in my neighborhood into her yard, she will not see too much which is applicable.

We have no plans for the afternoon! We have decided that we may do some packing, I will do some cleaning, and we may play a few hands of cards. There is nothing set in the agenda that we have to accomplish today. No place to run. Nothing we have to do.

...but pack, that is. We can just luxuriate in the nothingness of our schedule.

Well! We travel home tomorrow so I need to get hopping and pack. I also have to clean the house and get it ready to be vacant for the next week. No rest for the wicked, not even if you are mildly wicked!

I hope wherever you are today, your weekend is relaxing!

Don Bergquist - 05 August 2006 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, UK

No comments: