Tuesday, August 08, 2006

The Day Begins

I miss mornings like this! What a great morning! The sunrise was spectacular, its shadows on the Front Range turned the mountains a deep purple. You can see where that line from America the Beautiful comes from, "purple mountains majesty" indeed!

London has some great morning, but they are mostly because it is neither too hot nor too rainy to be uncomfortable. There are some lovely sunrises, but reflections off all the ancient brick buildings cannot equal this! Driving in, I was torn between looking out over the street in front and the mountains in the rear.

I actually gave a miss to the first train that pulled through the station in preference to catching the next one. I watched the purple of the sunrise fade from the mountains before boarding the second train. I must have looked the complete gobster, standing on the platform staring wistfully at the mountains as the train left me on the platform but I didn't care! It was a lovely morning and if it means I get into the office at 06:45 instead of 06:30, who is going to care?

As the last bits of the sunrise drained from the sky, I boarded the train and headed into my real life.

I hope that wherever you are, this morning has been lovely for you as well!

Don Bergquist - 08 August 2006 - Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: