Tuesday, August 22, 2006

A Little Nip In The Air

There is a chill in the air this morning! A lovely, glorious chill! The air was cool and moist as I rode along the Thames on my way into the office this morning. Summer is losing its grip on the village, autumn will soon start.

I once read somewhere that the phenomenon of autumn colors is nowhere near as pronounced in other areas of the world as it is in the US. I guess I won't have long to wait to find-out. I am glad that the last time I was in the states I traded half of my summer clothing for some warmer clothing. I now have about half-a-dozen long-sleeve shirts and a couple jackets.

This morning, I had kind-of wished I had brought a pair of light-weight gloves. A lovely fog was rising off the water in the old catch-pits along the Thames this morning. So I know that today will be cooler than it has been. One good thing about this: It is almost soup weather! Get the crock pot ready! Time to start making soup again!

I hope that wherever you are today, you can take today as it is and see something good in it!

Don Bergquist - 22 August 2006 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, UK

No comments: