Sunday, August 06, 2006

Departure

The morning started out really slowly. We had coffee and played cards at my house until the driver from the limo service showed-up to give us our ride to the airport. The drive was uneventful until we hit the roundabout that shunts traffic between the North and South Terminals at Gatwick. For some reason, there was a glut of traffic trying to get through the roundabout.

We walked through the crush of people to the Northwest check-in desk and were greeted by more people in the queue than I have ever seen at Gatwick before. It took us about an hour to get through the crush to the front of the line and a couple minutes later we were off to get in queue to go through Security Screening. This took relatively little time and then we went to Garfield's to get a bite while passing the hour before we had to get to the plane.

This is where the crush began. The service was slower than I have ever seen it. We had to press to get through our breakfast (Dad and Flo did not have time to finish their coffee and tea). We then walked down to the gate just as they started boarding.

Dad and Flo's Plane has loaded and pushed back. I have taken a saunter over to the other side of the concourse for my flight home which should begin loading any time now. I suppose I should get my PC packed-up and get my butt ready to board.

I hope that wherever your travels take you today, you have time to stop and relax!

Don Bergquist - 06 August 2006 - Gatwick Airport, Surrey, UK

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, by the way. Please forgive the low resolution/quality of the pictures that appear on today's posting. I took them with my Mobile. My cameras were not handy.

djb