Monday, August 21, 2006

Monday, Monday

It is dark and overcast; the clouds are hanging over the village heavy, dark, and pendulous. A stiff breeze is blowing and the skies are threatening rain. What a lovely morning in London!

My friends started leaving last night around half-ten and the last of them left just around midnight. The council has not picked-up the glass recycling bin in three weeks so my neighbor (whom I suspect of having put some of his bottles in my bin) and I have both got completely full glass bins. It was an excellent party!

I really love hanging out with friends and last night was a good time to do it. We hate some nibbles and made a considerable dent in the beer I had laid-in for the party. I am so glad that everyone had a good time! Today I hit the ground running. The small patch of sky I can see to the south over the roofs across the road continues to be a roiling black mass. I hope it will just rain and get it over with! God knows my grass needs it!

I keep wondering if I will ever know what the long-term goal for me at the office is. My company keeps sending me back here claiming it will be just "this one last trip." And when that one last trip is over, they send me back here again. Don't get me wrong, spending over half the year over here on per-diem thus far has been nice and all, but I do wish I could make some long-range plans.

Oh well, I guess it is just Monday talking. I need another weekend!

I hope that wherever you are today, you are having a good Monday.

Don Bergquist - 21 August 2006 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, UK

No comments: