Saturday, November 26, 2005

Threading the Needle


The sunrise as I was heading west along Minnesota State Highway 27 was spectacular. I captured this shot as I was approaching the Traverse County line.

The driving today was excellent. Except for the plethora of patrol cars pacing the traffic between Omaha and Lincoln, the traffic was flying.

The roads were clean and dry the entire way except for a few flurries of sleet between Julesburg and Ft. Morgan. Other than that the travel was easy and made faster by the book on disk I am listening to: Native Tongue by Carl Hiaasen.

I stopped for a late lunch in Lincoln and hit the road again. Saga has been wonderful. She has slept most of the day. I think it was the cold and snow back in South Dakota that made her decide to stay in her kennel as much as possible.

I have a bit of a problem now that I am home. I have nothing more to shoot for. I am pretty sure that my new personal best will remain un approached for quite a while to come. I made the eight hundred eighty miles in just over thirteen and a half hours today. That means that I averaged over 73 MPH the entire way. Quite a feat!

I'm planning leaving the car packed for the night. I can get that tomorrow. I hope you have had a great holiday weekend!

Don Bergquist - 26-November-2005 - Lakewood, Colorado

No comments: