Sunday, November 27, 2005

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity-Jig

There are some decisions you regret almost the moment you make them. Others you look back on with disdain only from the safety of the present when they are in the distant past. Alternatively, some present themselves as such an obviously good decision that it is hard to believe that you didn't arrive upon them as sheer dumb luck.

My decision not to stop in Nebraska last night for a nap or night's rest falls into this last category. Although you could not tell this from looking outside here, the weather is beautiful and the temperatures are moderate, the worst weather that was predicted apparently was not far behind me as I drove home last night.

This morning on the news they said that parts of I-80 are shut-down. Parts of I-76 (according to the news) are in danger of being shutdown. The local newscaster today said that if you are traveling through the Dakotas of Nebraska, you are on a dog sled! Good thing I made it back.

Well, I guess I should go do my shopping so that I have provisions should the storm hit here.

Have a great day!

Don Bergquist - 27-November-2005 - Lakewood, Colorado

No comments: