Thursday, November 24, 2005

Thanksgiving at Home

The rest of the drive was uneventful.

I did stop and took a nap in the Iowa welcome center. I just needed a couple hours. I then finished the drive and got in early yesterday. I was able to help Dad and Flo with some shopping and errands and am now in the process of roasting the turkey.

I am so glad I came home. I never get to cook and now I have the opportunity to make a big thanksgiving dinner for the six of us. Chip, Allyn and Eric are here and Dad, Chip, Eric and I have been playing games while the turkey takes care of itself.

Flo got a new domino game that we have never played before and Eric is just crazy about it. Between that and Monopoly, the eight hours that the turkey has to cook is passing relatively quickly.

There were some great deals in the circular from the local department store so, like-it-or-not, I am determined to go to the mall tomorrow. Herberger's has got a sale on luggage, it looks like a serviceable set for $40. I am rough on luggage with all the travel I do, I have learned to buy luggage when it is on sale and do not buy the very expensive kind. On the whole, unless you get something that is obviously cheaply made, you're better to get three or four cheap pieces than one really expensive piece. They also have a $200 feather bed advertised for $49. I want one of those because it is going to be a long, cold winter.

Flo wants to go, but wants to wait until later in the day. The sale is from five thirty until nine. If I have my way we will be first in, first out, go get some coffee and breakfast and get home before any of the decent folk are out of bed. (I hate crowds, I hate malls, I hate shopping!)

Oh well, time to make the sides. The link above will take you to the pictures of the finished dinner.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Don Bergquist - 24-November-2005 - Kensington, Minnesota

No comments: