Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Travelogue: Minnesota – Packing Light

With kudos going to a friend of mine in Australia, packing light for this trip to Minnesota. For the first time that I can remember, I am not packing my PC and spare drives for the trip. Why? Well, while I was in Australia, my friend Gerard showed me a great app that he uses on his tablet. The app lets him use his tablet to control his PC at home and therefore he doesn’t need to bring the PC even for things that don’t run on his tablet!

I’ve downloaded the app, tested it out, and viola! I have no need to carry my laptop! My tablet is much easier to carry and has far better battery life! I am packing light this trip!

And speaking of packing, I was able to scam Saga so that she has no idea I am packing. When I got home from work yesterday, we went out for our walk in the park, and then I left her out on the deck happily knowing on a smoked shank bone I picked-up at local butcher. I peaked-out a while a go and she was still going to town on it. She has no idea that I am up here getting ready to leave! That will relieve her usual anxiety when I am getting ready for a trip. It is the one thing that really makes me feel bad about travelling without her. (Well, that and the way she practically freaks-out when we get to the doggie spa!)
But those are worries for tomorrow. This morning, I have successfully packed my bag. It was stashed overnight in my office and I carried it down stares this morning while she was snoozing on the couch. It is sitting in my trunk, along with the blanket she likes to sleep in while I am away and, until we get in the car tomorrow to leave, she is (apparently) none-the-wiser about my impending trip! I may have pulled it off this time! So, to quote John ‘Hannibal’ Smith (from “The A-Team”): “I love it when a plan comes together!”

Wherever you are today, I hope that your plans are all coming together nicely!

Don Bergquist – October 05, 2011 – Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: