Monday, October 03, 2011

Okay, I Feel Cheated!

All in all it was a lovely weekend! The sun shone; the trails beckoned; the trees down here in the valley have started showing their fall colors. All-in-all you could not ask for more beautiful weather.

With the fall underway, it is almost perverse that the weather has been as warm as it has. It is October for gosh-sake! We should be having frosty nights and cold morning giving way to cool days with occasional rain and even (dare I say it?) snow! Of course, there is no danger of that this week! We've been in the mid-eighties all weekend and the forecast for today is for more of the same.

So, how can I feel cheated when the weather has been so unseasonably clement? Damn it! It is supposed to be soup weather.  The cool October days are supposed to be the time of year that the crock pot comes out. I am supposed to be returning home to the smells soups, stews, and other wonderful dishes that have been simmering all day.

I am sure soup days will arrive - I just hope that it is soon.

Wherever you are today, I hope that the good things that you're waiting for come to you soon!

Don Bergquist - October 03, 2011 - Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: