Sunday, October 09, 2011

Travelogue: Minnesota – Cousins Luncheon

You gotta love technology!

My dad’s cousin never did join via Skype, but that does not mean that my tablet went unused. Far from it! Instead of using it for its intended purpose, it was a handy way to keep new youngest generation entertained.

I sat between my nephew and my cousin’s son at the lunch table and they wanted to play Yachtzee on my tablet so they did. At one point all the children were passing it around playing something-or-other. This kept the kids entertained so the old folks could chat and catch-up.

It was fun seeing all the cousins I have not seen is so long. The luncheon was nice, the restaurant accommodating. I believe I heard my aunt making a reservation for the same place next year. Cool!

I will just say that is is pretty cool coming from such a large and extended family. It's just too bad that we don't get a chance to see each other more often. We certainly do have fun when we are together,  too bad that is all too infrequently. I suppose that is the price you pay for being spread all over the country.

This morning I have to head into town to get my nephew and then we’re headed up to the farm early to help-put with the final party prep... And we have promised Donuts to anyone who is there early – I had best get this saved-off and motor.

The weather, generally, this entire trip has been pretty-much crap every day. But the prediction is that today is supposed to be lovely. It is a bit overcast and chill, but the day does show promise. Okay – I’m off for Coffee and Donuts!

Wherever you are today, I hope that the weather is promising!

Don Bergquist – October 09, 2011 – Alexandria, Minnesota, USA

No comments: