Sunday, November 14, 2010

A Rainy Day In London

It's a cold, miserable, overcast, dark, rainy day in London. One of my colleagues and I took a nice, long walk along the high street this morning after breakfast, but even then it was "a bit crap out," as they would say here.

True to form, the day has been heavily overcast all day. The rain has gone from a light sprinkle to pissing down and has pretty much caused me to stay indoors all day, reading, looking at the pictures that I have been taking, and finally updating my blog.

I've had a cup of coffee, a walk, a swim, and have been staring out at the wet London skyline. I guess there is nothing more to do but to curl-up and take a nap. What better pastime for a rainy day!

Wherever you are today, I hope that you're having a lovely day!

Don Bergquist - 14 November 2010 - London, Middlesex, United Kingdom

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your trip sounds wonderful (except for the cold and rain). Your trip to the Museum sounds great, and Canadians just can't stop being helpful can they? Hope the flight back is better than the one over!

CathyW

Unknown said...

Hey there, Cathy!

Thanks for the comment on my blog.

Yes, I have always thought of Canada as a very helpful country. Without sounding as I am sucking-up to a country on the whole, it is a lovely place with lovely people. Of all the system installs I did both in the states in Canada, I cannot think of a single one in Canada that was noteworthy as being difficult.

There were, by comparison, a bunch that I would rather forget back down in the states. But that is neither here nor there. The museum was wonderful and I enjoyed it, if only the had some covering on the floor so that I could stand to walk on it longer than a few hours, it would have been much nicer.

Have a great week, Cathy! Thanks for the comment.

Don