Monday, November 08, 2010

Maida Vale

Well, I will say this for Maida Vale: it is certainly prettier than Wembley.

The flight (mercifully) came in early. We were about an hour early getting in and that meant we had to wait for the rooms to be ready at the hotel. Luckily, we're on the Kilburn High Road in Maida Vale and there are tons of pubs and restaurants around. My traveling companion and I checked in, checked our baggage with the Concierge, and headed out to have lunch at a local pub.

I am going to try and stay-up until it is bed time, but that is going to be a push. It is a lovely fall day, the Plane trees are swaying in a gentle breeze and, having been up since about this time yesterday, I may be lulled to sleep just by writing about the serenity outside. The forecast is for today to be the last really nice day this week, so I suppose I should go ahead and get ready to take a walk and keep myself up!

Wherever you are today, I hope your day is even half as lovely as mine is!

Don Bergquist - 08 November 2010 - London, Middlesex, United Kingdom

No comments: