Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Benefits of Jetlag

Three days before Thanksgiving is not really the day to be doing a major grocery-shopping trip. Driving past the stores last evening the lots were packed. The inside must be a mob-scene.

It's a good thing I am still suffering a bit of jetlag! I have been up each morning at three. So this morning, before getting ready for work, I dressed quickly and headed down to the grocery store to get the things I would need for Thanksgiving dinner. It was a bit strange getting all those groceries through the self-check but as I explained to the woman giving me the fish-eye as I pushed a full cart through, I am up, they are open… I'd rather be here doing this now than when they are packed later.

Do you remember the bad old days when the stores were open nine-to-nine six days a week? Argh! How did we live! The bags are un packed, the perishables are put away. I guess there is nothing left but to post this, walk Saga, and head into town. I love being this productive this early!

Wherever you are today, I hope your morning is starting out as a productive one.

Don Bergquist - November 23, 2010 - Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: